Monday, May 11, 2009

Can you hear me now?

It seems that a few photos didn't upload from yesterday so here are the highlights. The day ended up being quite hot and the sun reflecting off the water had me squinting for most of the afternoon. Maybe it had something to do with the shiny metal table that helped bake my face too but that's in the past now as I face the Monday ahead of me. In any event here are 3 quick pics to prove that the day was a little more San Diego than Seattle.


The Red Bull Helicopter is famous for flying upside down (shown here flying like any other helicopter). I would have posted a picture of the inverted chopper but it did most of its tricks right in the path of the sun. In the interest of not going blind I refrained from snapping those shots but I am sure there is video online somewhere.

Thanks to the helpful Red Bull flight attendants (& the creativity of Kate) I was able to join the group in the Race Club Section. Hooray for free food and all the water bottles you can carry.

The winning flight. Frenchman Nicloas Ivanoff. Not my favorite by a long shot but better than having Hannes Arch win again. Wish Mike would have made it to the final 4, 5th place makes for a short race day.

3 comments:

Devon said...

very nice photo diary... felt like i was right there! didn't know you were "into" air races though... I feel like i don't even know you anymore... *tear*

Matt said...

Dude. I'm not a big fan of air shows, this was a race (totally different). I think it's more fun since this is the only leg of the race tour that hits the USA. Planes flying at 230mph just a few meters from your seats? People hopped up on Red Bull and alcohol in the sun all day? An excuse to go to San Diego? These are just a few of the reasons that make this a fun event. You should come next year!

And now that I look at the pictures I seem to be in serious need of a V8. What is with all of my pictures slanting the same way?

Michelle Bready said...

I went to this last year...so cool! Totally agree...races are better than air shows. They had cooler tricks...and I loved watching the planes so close to the water....it made my heart beat a little faster thinking that any minute I might be witness to an avial disaster.