Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Calling all personal shoppers – I need new board shorts!

Summer is almost here. Technically, May 15th is the end of the semester for my corner of the world aka law school…then it’s summer. In honor of the end of classes and newly silenced hallways I ditched out on work early today (a legit half-day) for a selfish errand. These types of selfish errands are something I really need to do more often, the “Me” in tiMe management has gotten lost in the past year.

I have issued an Amber Alert on new board shorts. Has any one seen a great pair of sartorial sweetness out there? You see, every year I make it a personal quest to pick up some gnarly new shorts, yea even like unto the level of rad.

Just as Monty Python produced a well-rounded group to search for the Holy Grail (& an opportunity to use the Holy Hand Grenade) so must I. In an effort to find the new addition(s) to my summer wardrobe I enlist my friends (& strangers) to one-up each other in finding me my new favorite board shorts. If you are out and about and see a pair of sweetness (size 31 or 32) take a picture, note the price and send it my way.

The ’09 season is already in full swing people. Keep and eye out and your camera phone at the ready. If you submit a winner I just might treat you to dinner (sun, surf, and sand subject to availability).

*The shorts posted here are examples of what won last year (translation: low probability of a repeat taking the prize again this year)

2 comments:

meg said...

What exactly is my motivation for helping you on this quest?

Matt said...

I said I'd take the winner out for a "winner, winner...chicken dinner"

Hello?! This is really a test to see what kind of taste my friends have in clothing - as stated in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "choose wisely."

I'm not asking that you shop for me, just keep an eye out. Who knows, maybe I will wear your selection when I am stuck volunteering for you all day in the middle of summer.