Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mother Nature suffers from Battered Woman Syndrome

After dropping it like it’s hot ‘til the wee hours of the morning it was a bit of a shock to wake up to a snowstorm. 24 hours ago it was 60 degrees and I thought that spring was finally here.

Honestly, Mother Nature it was great while it lasted. The past few months have been great. Sure, there were a few moments that you were a ‘rage in a cage’ and we didn’t see eye-to-eye but we worked through our problems. True, there were a few times on the road that I would have gladly ditched you. On the other hand, I will cherish the times we spent at Deer Valley this year. Sledding wouldn’t be the same without you and your personal hook-ups. My friends really liked you; you were the hit at the holiday parties and helped make my birthday one of the best ever.

After Valentine’s Day we kind’a fizzled and by St. Patrick’s Day I was done. I’m not going to lie, it’s not you…it’s me. I used you for my needs, I’m a jerk, and I freely admit that. My friends told me that we should take some time apart and I agreed. We went our ways and I thought you understood how I felt and we were cool. Fast-forward to today and you are the psycho stalker that won’t go away!

Get the hint; we have a love-hate relationship and I can only handle you for a few months at a time. I’m more of a flip-flop, t-shirts and board shorts guy and you, you…well, you wear Ugg’s, snow parkas and thermal boarding pants. My winter clothes were packed away before spring break and here you are, hanging outside my door, clueless to how annoying you have become. Your sorry attempts to reignite our love are getting tired and clingy…girl, move on!

Then again if you want to go play this weekend, gimme a call and I’ll see what I can do. There's always room for a last ditch booty call, but after next weekend you really need to lose my number.

No comments: