Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rankings Surprise

It's the time of year when US News and World Report puts out their Best Graduate School's in the US edition. Anyone that is thinking of going into higher, higher-education at least browses this magazine down at Barnes & Noble or hits up their website.

When I started my job we were ranked below the unofficial Tier-1 marker of 50 (we came in at 57). Three years later we are tied with our rival down south (BYU) at 42. Somethings are worth cheering about.

On a side note, for everyone that scratched their head when I opted to go to the U for my grad program, it's current ranking is 10th in the nation. I admit that the program is not ranked every year but until that number changes, 10th is not that bad.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wahoo for the U! I would much rather be a member of the U alumni, then that other abomination down south!

Jord said...

But sorry, I will always love the school to the south more. :)

Jord said...

Look at you go! You are definitely a reason behind the improvement, and awesome about our 10th ranked program.