Thursday, April 15, 2010

$75 for a bowl of candy (yes, it was worth it)


Scott Matheson normally donates Sourdough Bread starter for the Minority Law Caucus auction but this year he opted for homemade Old Fashioned Honey Candy. He made sure everyone in the building was aware of its 'natural' goodness with free samples about two weeks ago. Trust me, they are good.

This gem of an auction item had a few people teaming up to bid just in case things got too spendy. The auction had item going for over $500 so you never know how high things are going to go. Thanks to a healthy first bid of $40 things got to $75 quickly (Thanks Carolynn). Luckily for me there were two bags and both I and a professor walked away with our respective bags. I, however, split my bag with the accountant and had to quickly part with 50% of the winnings before I was tempted to dine on them for an impromptu lunch.

Never fear, I will stay strong and not eat them myself - it's good to have a full candy dish on my desk. When it is in front of me I never eat it so come on over and help yourself (it's candy made by a judicial nominee people).

Now I need to go eat a filling lunch so I can kill the temptation to justify a mouthful of honey candy.

No comments: