Thursday, February 18, 2010

Guilty Conscience = Text, Email = Guess the Mystery Friend(s)

I’ve spent the past 48 hours getting texts and emails from friends about my last blog post. One of my favorites asked if I had converted to Catholicism, most of them were either apologies or “are you talking about…?” messages.

For whatever it’s worth it seems that people with a guilty conscience send text message apologies and inquiring minds send emails.

Some emails read like a narration of the children’s game of Guess Who?

“Does this person have blonde hair?”
“Did this person wear a green coat today?”
“Does this person wear oval glasses?”

The texts were more simple and to the point.
“So I’m an ass, but you’ve known that for years – sorry my ass’ness got bigger over the holidays. In more ways than one”

In any event – my post wasn’t to point fingers, more to illustrate that the abrasive nature of some has finally rubbed me raw. Some might say if you can’t be yourself around your friends, where then can you be yourself? In the case of those registering high on the Richter scale of rudeness – you should really monitor yourself better or go be yourself by yourself.

And please stop guessing and blurting names (it's very telling of what you think of others too).

No comments: