Sunday, September 21, 2008

Where has September gone?

Listlessness
Forgetfulness
Otherwise Engaged
Easily Distracted
Hurricane Ike
&
a wicked Sinus Headache with the bonus of a Tummy Ache
(hold the vomit, please)

These are my current reasons (aka excuses) for not posting as promised so many times before when I go a month without typing anything. The hate mail has been helpful – JL and Katie are so pleasant at reminding me of my negligence here (consider that your shout-out).

It is probably of no interest to you but for the first time in my adult life I am the only one in my family that has held their current address for more that 3 months. What do I mean by this? Well, let me tell you where in the World Carmen San Diego my family is:

Dad – floating between Missoula, Houston, & San Diego

Mom – pretty much camping in the new house in Missoula (Since 9/1)

Older sis & her family – moved from UT to C-land for podiatry school

Me – still rocking the same Utah address for almost 2 years

Lil’ Sis – moved in two blocks away from me last weekend, great addition to the social landscape & arrived just in time to escape Hurricane Ike

The younger brutha (from the same mother) & his family – relocated to Rexburg from DC/Houston

Who would have ever thought I was the “stable” one in the family?
(careful how you answer that)

It was a logistical nightmare to have so many people in flux but, as always, everything has worked out.

Random Tangents:
Music you should check out this week…
Daniel Agust
The Mollies
Garfield Mayor

Sales you should check out…
Visit J&K’s blog
http://spruance.blogspot.com

Techno-geek fixation of the week…
the new iPod nano (red or black, I can’t decide)

Mental distraction for now…
What to be for Halloween this year:
Dr. Horrible from Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog

Online distraction…
The photos from people in Houston after Hurricane Ike
http://www.chron.com

Social contribution of the week…
I raised over $100 for the Utah Aids Foundation Walk for Life.
You can still contribute through their website, it’s a great cause and I didn’t see your lazy butt there – make penance by donating online.

Until next time…here are some pictures from my Labor Day trip to the US Open & the Hampton's:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Stable huh? I don' t know about that one Matthew! GOod to know your still alive was wondering after you hadn't posted in awhile. thought maybe the junk in your trunk got the better of you!

JoLynn said...

You are FUNNY, but HALL-A-FREAKING-LULA you finally updated! You must commit to writing weekly Matthew or I'll remind you everyday at work.